Woody The Geek: 3 For 3 On Record For NFL Week 1
With little time to research the facts, I went ahead and circled my Week 1 NFL picks. I picked the obvious favourites and played more hunch than crunch on the close ones. Few would have picked San Francisco to upset the Rams (although you can never rationalize a divisional tilt), so I knew I was safe there. More would have dared the Bucs to beat the Vikings but the majority would side with Minnesota, so no great compromise.
Same said for Miami/Denver.
My gut said Atlanta and Mike Vick. It also belched, "Pennington's not ready! Take K.C.!". But I must've hit a pocket of bad gas when I felt Seattle over the Jags and the Chargers to beat Dallas.
Still, I wound up in the first week elite with a 10-6 record, tied in a bundle for 2nd place. My eliminator pick was Washington and, while I heard the bullet graze my ear on that one, I was proven right as I witnessed 14 of 22 poolsters fall in the first week. What was I right about? Let's recap:
BTW. Skins can be the only lock in a week where there are no locks. Brave money takes the Saints. Their hearts maybe broken, but it only proves they have heart. Lions will exploit the Pack's suspect secondary to open the season with a win.
Yes, I said "brave money". No, I was a coward. This princess picked Carolina. At least I'm up front about it. Now, leave me alone. I have to replace the night-lights in my bedroom and the bathroom hall.
Go, Mighty Lions, Go!
<< Home