NFL Fool In An NFL Pool
I have to admit that, at one time, I was quite successful in NFL pools. I've certainly won my share of the loot over the years, including a $1,200 Super Bowl payday in a year where my winnings were close to 4 grand.
But those days are behind me now. I know it, too. I just don't have the time to research anymore. I used to know the home and dome records, road and turf, cold weather, turnover factors, injuries, ovaries and undies. I knew it all. Today, I have absolutely not a clue who even plays well on grass. Except for Ricky Williams.
NFL, for me, nowadays, stands for Not F#%king Likely.
But, once again, I bravely enter the arena for the comradery and the off-chance I'll have a week's worth of bragging rights. It'll be a week when I'm smart enough to go against my Detroit Lions and you just know the feeling will only be bittersweet.
BTW. Skins can be the only lock in a week where there are no locks. Brave money takes the Saints. Their hearts maybe broken, but it only proves they have heart. Lions will exploit the Pack's suspect secondary to open the season with a win.
('F'ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit!)
<< Home