Monday, October 03, 2005

Toilet Story - The Revenge Of MacGyver

So, here I am trying to fix the damned toilet, and I come to find that the replacement that I've been storing for several years has the same damned crack in it... at the same damned place. Compounding my problems was the fact that the current toilet seat, installed by the previous homowner, had been there so long that the condensation points had connected to the nuts and bolts of the seat mechanism. Added to my fury was the fact that this gang of happy retro-fitters made goddamm sure I could never reach anything behind the toilet in my lifetime or my f#%king afterlife, if I tried. There was absolutely no room to reach in and fix anything.

All this during NFL Football and the nicest October day on recent record!

I needed to solve this issue, and fast, before my mother-in-law either fell into the crapper or, worse, pinched her behind and howled about it all through dinner.

Thank god for duct tape! Problem solved! Macgyver to the rescue!!!

Now, I could go back to enjoying one of the last summer days of the fall of 2005! And, enjoy I did!

Mrs. Woody and I count it out.... 10 for the month... 2 for the day!

Whodathunk we'd be swimming in October? Okay, so the heater was jacked up to 90 on Saturday. But my hand slipped! Honest!!! It was only supposed to be 80! No, REALLY!!!!!!

Some things in life are just too precious to let go of... namely, the Canadian Summer!

I'll be back later. Right now I have to figure out how to tear down a bathroom wall......