Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Stress Free Golf Day

Eagle Creek is one hell of a great golf course.
It's well kept and set in a quiet part of the region just outside of Ottawa. The Doc and Woody Show has a regular promotion to invite listeners to golf with them at the Creek and, roughly, 5 0r 6 times a summer we get out and flog away. I keep scoring better every time I'm out there but, dammit, it's not an easy track. Yesterday we were joined by Bob and Brian who introduced us to "Bingo, Bango, Bongo", a goofy little scoring system that sounds like it was made up while they were putting their cleats on. (I've since Google the name and, sure as there's shit in a cow, the game exists.) It was a confusing little venture, so I was quite happy to let the boys keep score. I shot a 111, which is good for my game at Eagle Creek, and I finished strongly. We have to play there at least 3 more times before the promo ends. If I can push the century mark by then, I'll be quite happy.

Click
here for more on Stress Free Golf

The above photos are of Doc (in black), taken by me, and myself, taken by guess who. Thanks, Doc! Nice fingers! Someone should tell him a digital camera works quite well without his digits!